Faith Dimensions Ministries 63 Stratford Road, Wolverton, Milton Keynes MK12 5LT
Tel: 01908 221381 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Notice (GDPR)
This privacy notice informs you of data we collect and store about you and why; with whom we share this data; how we protect your data and how to contact us if you have a complaint.
When we collect data we are the ‘controller’ of this information for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations and other applicable data protection laws.
Why do we collect and hold data about you?
It is so that we can record your membership of our Church and contact you about services, events, meetings, prayers, support and issues pertinent to you being a member of our Church. Your data will be your name, address, date of birth, marital status and maybe next of kin and the contact details you give to us. We hold and use data where you have provided positive consent, or where it is necessary for us to perform our functions, for compliance with legal or regulatory obligation or there is some other legitimate interest permitting us to do so.
Services and events may be recorded by cameras whether still or movie and you may appear in them.
By interacting with us whether in writing, social media (such as Twitter or Facebook or the like) or by ‘phone we will have a record of your personal data, such as you have voluntarily offered.
With whom might we share your personal information?
We may share your information with third party service providers but only that which is necessary for them to provide their service and only if they agree to keep your information secure and not to use it outside of our instructions to them.
Your name may be recorded on attendance sheets at events and visible to other members and attendees. We do not intend to pass your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Countries outside of the EEA do not have same data protection laws as us. Any transfer will be subject to your consent as permitted under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPRs). These safeguards are designed to protect your privacy rights and give remedies in the unlikely event that your personal information is misused. You are entitled to obtain a copy of any safeguards.
We will share personal information with law enforcement agencies if required by applicable law.
We will not otherwise share your personal information with any other third parties without your consent unless permitted within the GDPRs.
For how long will we store your personal data?
We keep your information for as long as necessary which is the length of time that you are a member at least.
You have the right to withdraw consent for us to hold your data at any time, but this may affect your membership and the benefits you can achieve from it.
You have a number of important rights that you can exercise free of charge. Briefly, these rights are:
- Transparency over how we use your personal data and fair processing of your information;
- Access to your personal information and other supplementary information;
- Require us to correct any mistakes or complete missing information we hold on you;
- Require us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us or have this information be sent to a third party, this will be provided to you or the third party in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format;
- Object at any time to processing of your personal information for direct marketing;
- Object in certain other situations to the continued processing of your personal information;
- Restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Request not to be subject to automated decision making which produce legal effects that concern you or affect you in a significantly similar way.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please:
- Email, telephone or write to us;
- Provide any other information so that we can identify you. We may need to contact you to request further information to verify your identity;
- Let us have proof of your identity and address;
- State the right or rights that you wish to exercise;
We will respond to you within one month from when we receive your request. Please note if you wish to unsubscribe from any email you can do so by contacting us and simply stating your request. It may take a couple of days for this to become effective.
How to complain
We hope that you will never need to make a complaint and that if there were any concerns that we could quickly resolve them well. Please get in touch if you have any concerns.
The General Data Protection Regulations also give you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where the alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The UK supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office which can be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns
Automated Decision Making
We do not use automated decision making.
We keep your data secure by way of barriers to entry in respect of remote access to our computer systems; by keeping your data secure within the premises and by our operational protocols.
Please note that e-mails are usually not a secure form of communication and we cannot guarantee that they will be received by you or us and we cannot accept and thus exclude to the full extent permitted by law any responsibility for loss you sustain consequent upon any hacking or interception.
We do not intend to process your personal information for any reason other than as we have said. Should this change, we will let you know.
Changes to this privacy notice
We will periodically review our internal privacy practices and may change this policy from time to time.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you, please contact us.
Tel: 01908 221 381